The G1- The mythical Google Phone

The G1- The mythical Google Phone

For well over a year, the rumors of a Google phone have been running rampant. After the iPhone made its debut a year and a half ago, hopeful Google-lovers have been fantasizing that the Google phone would address all the shortcomings of the beautiful, but in some ways, limited, Apple smartphone.

I"ve been using the iPhone since it arrived in June 2007. Then I happily upgraded to the 3G model this past July. I love it and couldn"t live without it, but I too was eagerly anticipating the arrival of the first Google phone. After side by side usage for a while, I"ve decided that the iPhone and the Google G1 are very different, and made for very different users. The iPhone is beautiful, simple, and a great media player, but the Google phone is a super-fast, highly customizable extra-smart smartphone.